Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTS’s “Map Of The Soul: 7” Scores Guinness World Records Title Of Best-Selling Album
BTS’s latest album has earned a Guinness World Records title!

On August 6, Guinness World Records announced that BTS’s album “Map of the Soul: 7” has earned the title of the “best-selling album (South Korea).” It has now overtaken their 2019 album “Map of the Soul: Persona,” which achieved the title last year.

“Map of the Soul: 7” is BTS’s fourth full album. It came out in February 2020 and features the title track “ON.” Guinness World Records reports that the album sold 4,265,617 copies by June 2020, making BTS the best-selling act of all time in South Korea.

In addition to topping charts in Korea, “Map of the Soul: 7” also reached No. 1 on album charts in the world’s five biggest music markets: the United States, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France, becoming the first Asian group to achieve this feat.

BTS is currently gearing up to release their new English-language single “Dynamite” on August 21.

[Image: sUcVbBf.gif]
[Image: 1Nddp69.png]
^Avatar made by an online friend of mine^
^Signature made by another online friend of mine^
^Glow text made by me^

I think its cool to see a non-American group/artist acheive these awards. For the longest time the charts were American dominated. Now, the global economy has caught up and international acts are getting into it. I know KPOP is taking off too.
They are up for 3 awards at the MTV awards on August 30th where they also going to perform their new song Dynamite for the first time. The awards that they are up for Best Pop for their song ON, Best K-Pop for their song ON and Best Choreography for their song ON. They are also youngest winner recipients of the James A Van Fleet Award from The Korea Society.

^Glow text made by me^

Sounds like KPOP, or at least BTS, has gone mainstream.
(08-09-2020, 09:55 AM)Aeowulf Wrote: Sounds like KPOP, or at least BTS, has gone mainstream.

BTS are Global Phenomenons and they have achieved world domination.

^Glow text made by me^

They are also the first K-Pop to be on the cover Entertainment Weekly and the Time magazines which I both own.
Here's a picture of Entertainment Weekly magazine with them on the cover:
[Image: LLAZSOU.jpg]

Here's a picture of the Time magazine with them on the cover:
[Image: 2oVStew.jpg]
The Time magazine is all about them and their rise to world domination.

^Glow text made by me^

Wow. Impressive.