Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books
ParanoiDoom, post: 4159, member: 430 Wrote:Favorite Genre? Fantasy, Scifi

Favorite Books? The Wheel of Time, Inkheart, The Beyonder, The Golden Compass (Dark Materials)

Oh i remeber starting The Wheel of Time, but i couldnt really get into it even after the first 3 books.

I also read the "The Seeker" a few years ago which now appears to have had a TV series adapted to itself, enjoyed that book.
Another one i read was "The tale of the clan Otori" Which is a bit less fantasy, i actually own all the books of it as i enjoyed them greatly.
sage, post: 4158, member: 6 Wrote:Yeah, the religious stuff surprised me when I found out about them. Anne Rice is a weird person. She flip-flops on everything after a couple of years.
That doesn't stop her from being a good writer though. :p
Haha, yeah, I agree. I really like her books... well, the non religious-y ones. She did really neat vampires, too. (Disclaimer: it's not that I have anything against religion, I just don't want it shoved down my throat XD)

therealattacka, post: 4160, member: 102 Wrote:Another one i read was "The tale of the clan Otori" Which is a bit less fantasy, i actually own all the books of it as i enjoyed them greatly.
<.< You know, I started reading that series, the first book was quite nice, but then the next book I read wasn't so good, and the next one just kept going downhill, to the point where I just didn't want to read the series anymore (I think I was only one book away from the end of it?) I really don't know what it was, but something really clashed with me.
I was much fonder of Matsuoka's Samurai series. (Cloud of Sparrows and Autumn Bridge).
CasualCastiel, post: 4165, member: 482 Wrote:<.< You know, I started reading that series, the first book was quite nice, but then the next book I read wasn't so good, and the next one just kept going downhill, to the point where I just didn't want to read the series anymore (I think I was only one book away from the end of it?) I really don't know what it was, but something really clashed with me.
I was much fonder of Matsuoka's Samurai series. (Cloud of Sparrows and Autumn Bridge).

Yeah, i can agree that i was a bit disappointed with parts of the later books, if i remeber correctly there were 4 books where the last book was a prologue to the first book.
Some parts really did not stick properly
therealattacka, post: 4180, member: 102 Wrote:Yeah, i can agree that i was a bit disappointed with parts of the later books, if i remeber correctly there were 4 books where the last book was a prologue to the first book.
Some parts really did not stick properly
Yeah, I think that was it. I quit somewhere in book 3, which is a shame because for once I had found all 4 books at the same time and taken the chance on them. lol
No mention of Hitchikers Increasingly Named Trilogy!? Love all of them, Douglass Adams is great and even Eoin Colfer wrote one Big Grin
[I]♪ If you want em' to take it, from the top, try the oooone stooop poetry shop [/I]
Check out the One Stop Poetry Shop for all your rhyming needs. Link
[USER=431]@Triblaze[/USER] haha, I think that's because it was briefly mentioned in another thread (where the idea of this one came from) but yeah, it's great. Big Grin
CasualCastiel, post: 4229, member: 482 Wrote:[USER=431]@Triblaze[/USER] haha, I think that's because it was briefly mentioned in another thread (where the idea of this one came from) but yeah, it's great. Big Grin

In my introduction thread that turned into a book discussion Wink

Another good book series I read was the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel by Michael Scott. Ever heard of it?
[I]♪ If you want em' to take it, from the top, try the oooone stooop poetry shop [/I]
Check out the One Stop Poetry Shop for all your rhyming needs. Link
Triblaze, post: 4249, member: 431 Wrote:Another good book series I read was the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel by Michael Scott. Ever heard of it?
The only thing I have associated with Nicholas Flammel is Harry Potter so.. yeah Big Grin
[SPOILER="PRAISE THE LORD!"][Image: closeupgaben.jpg] [/SPOILER]
Triblaze, post: 4249, member: 431 Wrote:Another good book series I read was the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel by Michael Scott. Ever heard of it?

I think I have the whole series but I am not sure. That series is one of the first ones I really got into and just had to find all the books.
ParanoiDoom or several thousand uses of a binocular.
Triblaze, post: 4249, member: 431 Wrote:In my introduction thread that turned into a book discussion Wink

Another good book series I read was the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel by Michael Scott. Ever heard of it?
That would be the one. XD My bad!

I heard of that series, but never read it.