Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Football 2020
I see a 2019 thread for college football but not 2020. The season is underway finally next week for the PAC-12. Everyone else has been having fun but now we get to join in too.
I am SO GLAD it is actually happening. I was worried for a while.

Thankfully, Alabama is still in it. BIG 12 has shot themselves in the foot, and somehow a team playing fewer games than everyone else is going to end up making the playoff. Undecided
I haven’t really watched to much college football or any sports this year but I am a Georgia bulldog fan!

Really can’t wait for Alabama to have a losing record lol
(11-24-2020, 07:16 PM)smmdad Wrote: I haven’t really watched to much college football or any sports this year but I am a Georgia bulldog fan! 

Really can’t wait for Alabama to have a losing record lol

Well now why you gotta be like that? Tongue

I want Georgia to win the East every year. Then lose to Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. Tongue I don't even mind a rematch in the CFP, as long as Alabama wins of course.
Alabama is doing really well! How do you like that? COVID is messing with games and is going to make for an interesting College Football Playoff Committee decision-making.
Loving the current Iron bowl score, 42-6! Still half a quarter of game but Alabama should finish this one out easily. It's a great year so far!

Yeah, the Big Ten and Pac-12 hurt their teams by "cancelling" then reversing course so late. It is what it is, but NO ONE should make the playoffs if they can't play at least 75% of the other teams games. Not enough time to tell if they're actually that good.

I'm hoping someone like Cincinnati or Coastal Carolina find a way to sneak in, though I know the Chanticleers stand NO chance.
A day after making history by having a female kicker play, Vanderbilt is in the news again. They have fired Head Coach Derek Mason.

Mason was 27-55 as head coach of the Vanderbilt Commodores, including a 0-8 mark this season against only SEC opponents. The Commodores have lost 12 straight SEC games, the longest active streak for a Power 5 school. Vanderbilt was Mason's first head-coaching job, following a notable tenure as Stanford's defensive coordinator.

Offensive coordinator Todd Fitch will serve as the interim head coach.

Athletic Directory Candice Storey Lee said in a statement:

"On behalf of the entire Vanderbilt community, I want to extend my deepest gratitude to Coach Mason for his many years of dedication and service leading our football program, Derek cares deeply about the student-athletes under his charge. His tenure at Vanderbilt will be remembered for his steadfast commitment to our student-athletes, not only on the field, but in the classroom and as young people."