Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting go of staff
I used to be a part of a forum many years back that was like this. The owner didn't have a clue what he was doing (no experience beforehand), but he ended up with a very successful forum nevertheless.

In any case, as you mentioned, he handed out staff promotions to people and let them find out on their own. Some of them were not fit to be staff. When myself and the other admin took it over, it got so out of hand that we had to demote them (bad forum drama problems, general unfitness for staff), and the owner popped back in after about a six-month hiatus, and re-promoted them.

Don't get me wrong. It was a very successful community that lasted many years, but it had its issues...
Another time, a long time ago when I had a co-admin on an adult forum I used to run, first he cyber stalked me for like a year, then admitted he was "going to delete my admin account". Then when I blocked him, he got a bunch of his asshole friends to spam my forum so bad I had to shut it down. Sad
-The Syndicate Lounge | Coffee House Lounge & Mental Health Support-
(03-22-2020, 08:16 PM)zoldos Wrote: Another time, a long time ago when I had a co-admin on an adult forum I used to run, first he cyber stalked me for like a year, then admitted he was "going to delete my admin  account".  Then when I blocked him, he got a bunch of his asshole friends to spam my forum so bad I had to shut it down. Sad

That sounds like online harassment. That dude doesn't sound like the greatest person...
(03-22-2020, 08:16 PM)zoldos Wrote: Another time, a long time ago when I had a co-admin on an adult forum I used to run, first he cyber stalked me for like a year, then admitted he was "going to delete my admin  account".  Then when I blocked him, he got a bunch of his asshole friends to spam my forum so bad I had to shut it down. Sad

That's terrible. Sad  Definitely not a good person. He has issues.

Sorry you had to go through that.
(03-22-2020, 08:46 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That sounds like online harassment. That dude doesn't sound like the greatest person...

It was!  He'd "Google me", then make accounts on all the sites I was on just to harass me.  After it was all over, I totally called him out on one of my blogs and basically trashed him completely by describing in exquisite details what he did.  A bunch of people commented on how much of a loser he was, and that he must be a pathetic POS.  He definitely read it, cause one of his fake accounts contacted me asking to take down the post.

I haven't heard from him since (14 years).  Good riddance.

(03-23-2020, 06:20 AM)Aeowulf Wrote: That's terrible. Sad  Definitely not a good person. He has issues.

Sorry you had to go through that.

I appreciate that bud.  Yes, he did, by his own admission.
That dude sounds like straight trash. That's how bullies are. They think that behind their little screen and keyboard, that people aren't people. And yet they're the ones who are insecure to no end, that will shrink back with the slightest blow in real life.

What a loser.
(03-24-2020, 11:23 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That dude sounds like straight trash. That's how bullies are. They think that behind their little screen and keyboard, that people aren't people. And yet they're the ones who are insecure to no end, that will shrink back with the slightest blow in real life.

What a loser.

Agreed.  I actually knew him personally.  He was a co-worker when I cashiered at a large retailer.   One time when I got us high on weed, he had some sort of panic attack/breakdown and thought I was going to kill him.  I think the cyber stalking began at that point. Confused