Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Welcome CommGiant Members
I would like to extend a welcome to the CommGiant.com members that are now part of this community. Welcome to Aeowulf!

CommGiant has merged with Aeowulf. If you are a former CommGiant member, your username and password for CommGiant remains the same here. If you have any issues, please post here or use the Contact link on the top menu bar.

For all members, new and old, there may be some oddities around the forum as I do some cleanup. Renovations are messy, but merging two houses can get even crazier. If you notice anything odd, please let me know and I will address it as best I can.

Thank you all!
Congratulations on the acquisition of CommGiant.com - you may want to redirect the domain now.
(03-14-2020, 11:21 AM)Carlos Wrote: Congratulations on the acquisition of CommGiant.com - you may want to redirect the domain now.

Thanks Carlos!

Was just taken care of. All of this insanity going on lately distracted me.
Cool, good job. How many new members are there now?
~Nonsensical Musings | My Youtube~
(03-14-2020, 11:24 PM)zoldos Wrote: Cool, good job.  How many new members are there now?

We removed all accounts with 0 posts before the merger, and 209 total accounts came over. We removed over 1k accounts.
Ah okay. How did you merge? Were they using the same forum script? I've never done anything like that before.
(03-15-2020, 08:15 PM)zoldos Wrote: Ah okay.  How did you merge?  Were they using the same forum script?  I've never done anything like that before.

They were on Xenforo.

MyBB has a merge script for popular forum software to make conversions easy. Cool Its a bit outdated, so there are some SQL changes required, but if you're comfortable with it, its still easier than figuring it out manually.

Quote: The latest release of the merge system is 1.8.11. It was released on April 4, 2016 and is a stable product. The package is 408 KB in size and is available as a .zip package.

Presently the MyBB Merge System (1.8.11) allows you to import bulletin boards that are running:

bbPress 2.5
FluxBB
Invision Power Board 3, 4 (Pre Release Version)
MyBB 1.8 (merge)
phpBB 3
SMF 1.1, 2.0
PunBB 1.2
Vanilla
vBulletin 3, 4
WoltLab Burning Board 3, 4, Lite 2
XenForo
Coolness. I'm not sure if Xenforo has a similar app, but it might be useful!
Welcome to all the new members! This message board continues to grow and I am happy to be a part of it.