Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldest Computer
What is the longest time you have used a computer?

The longest I have used a computer was three years. It was an HP laptop. Nothing was wrong with it, but I decided to take advantage of a sale and buy another as an upgrade. I definitely recommend HP computers.
[Image: banner1final.png]
Well i've used them for like 15 years as they've been in schools and such. But i got my own actual computer about 6 years ago.
Well, If my same PC counts because it has been upgraded alot of times 6years.
I had a windows vista desktop I got in like 2008 that I used up until 2012. That's the oldest.
[Image: 4.png]
Some top of the line back then laptop from 2007, still have it today and it works. Slow, but it's a tough N word.
[Image: 7NhDCRS.gif]
Former Global Mod
I have an HP laptop I bought in 2007. It has survived a 9 month-stint to Iraq, 6 other 1-month trips to the desert, and another 3 month trip. This is through very inconsiderate baggage handling practices, and a bunch of sand/sandstorms. Two years ago I bought my new primary and gave that one to my wife. She only ended up getting another because it finally had an OS-issue which corrupted it. Its hardware is still kicking, and it is my backup laptop. I've been considering throwing a Linux install on it to start using it again.
[Image: 5.gif]
(06-12-2015, 05:38 PM)Guardian Wrote: I have an HP laptop I bought in 2007. It has survived a 9 month-stint to Iraq, 6 other 1-month trips to the desert, and another 3 month trip. This is through very inconsiderate baggage handling practices, and a bunch of sand/sandstorms. Two years ago I bought my new primary and gave that one to my wife. She only ended up getting another because it finally had an OS-issue which corrupted it. Its hardware is still kicking, and it is my backup laptop. I've been considering throwing a Linux install on it to start using it again.
I've always heard the older HPs were pretty long lasting. Unlike a Packard Bell which is likely to exploded at any moment.
(06-13-2015, 05:21 AM)Voi Wrote: I've always heard the older HPs were pretty long lasting. Unlike a Packard Bell which is likely to exploded at any moment.

It is a brick. I just wish the hardware didn't become outdated so I could keep using it. The only thing it can't do anymore is play the games that are newer. It still did a pretty good job of that for years though.
[Image: 5.gif]
I'm still using my 2012 Macbook Pro. Works like a charm. Dual core i5, and a 1280x800 screen (not so good).

I also have an old desktop from 2009 that's sitting around. I use it from time to time. CPU can barely keep up, but it's good for storing backups and testing things on various machines. Windows 7, and that's the best part.
At least 4 or 5 years. Big Grin
~Nonsensical Musings | My Youtube~