Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality posts on your forum
What would constitute a quality/good post on your forum? Do you care about forum post length? Grammar? What about your forum genre, do you expect quality based on what genre your forum happens to be?

When it comes to my own forum, while I understand that not everyone will provide on average of 1-2 complete senetences, I understand not everyone is consistent in giving good quality length content.
This are good content...

Haha jk...

I had a forum give me a warning for a single post that only had a few words in it. I think it went along the lines of "good work, thank you!" Little did I know that they had a minimum word count...

I usually just delete content that truly is low-quality. People either get the hint eventually, or they keep posting, but in any case, it isn't sitting out in the open on the forum.
I think there are a lot of factors that decide the quality of a post and if it should be seen. I'm personally fine with shorter posts, as long as they're on topic and can move the conversation along. I don't expect anything heavy duty in, say, forum games or a thread about certain topics that don't really have a lot to say to them, like 'how is the weather' or 'how is your mood'. You can only say so much without feeling like you're forcing it, and I don't want content to feel forced when it's a topic that's just not easy to expand on too much, or that you might want to avoid doing so for whatever reason.

Basically, as long as you're giving me something I can respond to that's thought out and I can read it properly, I'm pretty easy to keep happy.
A high quality post should consist off an on topic and related message towards the original post.
(02-29-2020, 08:35 AM)Juneberry Wrote: I think there are a lot of factors that decide the quality of a post and if it should be seen. I'm personally fine with shorter posts, as long as they're on topic and can move the conversation along. I don't expect anything heavy duty in, say, forum games or a thread about certain topics that don't really have a lot to say to  them, like 'how is the weather' or 'how is your mood'. You can only say so much without feeling like you're forcing it, and I don't want content to feel forced when it's a topic that's just not easy to expand on too much, or that you might want to avoid doing so for whatever reason. 

Basically, as long as you're giving me something I can respond to that's thought out and I can read it properly, I'm pretty easy to keep happy.

This. Perfect breakdown.
Well, the better the quality the better your site is going to rank later on. Lengthier articles with good keywords are prime for forum SEO especially if you're juicing keywords. Everything always boils down to quality. As far as comments and responses though, I don't really think it matters if they're short.