Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend Awards
We only have a few as a placeholder.

Use this thread to drop your recommendations for new awards.

Thank you!
Since you have the awards "Modder" and "Developer", it might be cool to also have something like "Writer" to encourage people in for example the technology and programming subforums to write tutorials.
Apart from that, some kind of reward for coming back daily over a longer period of time could be cool.
(12-28-2019, 04:31 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Since you have the awards "Modder" and "Developer", it might be cool to also have something like "Writer" to encourage people in for example the technology and programming subforums to write tutorials.
Apart from that, some kind of reward for coming back daily over a longer period of time could be cool.

A Writer type is in the works. Stuck between different ones for different topics or one general one Also to what extent . I.e... game guides, programming tutorials, stories in general, any other kind of tutorial.

Thoughts?

As for the other, I was considering a "Lurker" award for Time Spent Online. I would have to do some more extensive work to get something to track and credit a "100 days check-in" type activity one that HF has.
(12-28-2019, 04:34 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: A Writer type is in the works. Stuck between different ones for different topics or one general one Also to what extent . I.e... game guides, programming tutorials, stories in general, any other kind of tutorial.

Thoughts?

Personally I'd just have one award for writing any type of tutorial, but have the "challenge" be that it has to be a tutorial on a subject that hasn't been covered (properly) yet or it has to end up being the go-to best tutorial on a subject.

(12-28-2019, 04:34 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: As for the other, I was considering a "Lurker" award for Time Spent Online. I would have to do some more extensive work to get something to track and credit a "100 days check-in" type activity one that HF has.

Time spent online would be cool, yeah.

Another idea I had: is it possible to remove an award from a user? If so, you could give some sort of a "Rich Bitch" award to the user who has the most Wulves. (That would currently be me if I'm not mistaken Smile )
(12-28-2019, 04:45 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Personally I'd just have one award for writing any type of tutorial, but have the "challenge" be that it has to be a tutorial on a subject that hasn't been covered (properly) yet or it has to end up being the go-to best tutorial on a subject.

This is good. I like it. Count this one as a will-do.

(12-28-2019, 04:45 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Time spent online would be cool, yeah.

Another idea I had: is it possible to remove an award from a user? If so, you could give some sort of a "Rich Bitch" award to the user who has the most Wulves. (That would currently be me if I'm not mistaken Smile )

This is another good one. Also potential for others: Top-gamer, top poster in gaming. Dedicated programmer, top poster in programming, etc.

Might have to work on those.
(12-28-2019, 04:48 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: This is another good one. Also potential for others: Top-gamer, top poster in gaming. Dedicated programmer, top poster in programming, etc.

Might have to work on those.

Nice. Now I just have to make sure I am still the richest user by the time that award comes out.
I've added some more awards based on recommendations and discussions.

If you get a chance, take a look and provide critique on the award images names. I am still working on some of the triggers.

Still taking more recommendations.
They all look clean and go with the theme, only one that kind of throws me off is the 1k Total posts award
They all fit that one just seems a bit out of place
(12-30-2019, 09:11 PM)Mullet Muscle Wrote: They all look clean and go with the theme, only one that kind of throws me off is the 1k Total posts award
They all fit that one just seems a bit out of place

Tongue  Thanks. I'll look for another to replace that one. I'm not a fan either, but the ones I could get a hold of were... meh.
Added a few more for tutorials and the like.

Any more ideas keep them coming. I ultimately want some to be really hard but still attainable.