Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Add Notifications
Please add notifications because now I need to check every thread 1 by 1 to see what happens.
I just use the "view new posts" link in the header. It works pretty well on pretty much every MyBB forum, and most other softwares have a similar feature.

But +1 to the suggestion. I think it would make things easier. (That being said, I've tried installing the feature on other forums, and there were some issues with the main plugin that's used for it. I'm sure they could be resolved, but it's a little clunky on MyBB out of the box.)
That's a nice suggestion.
I've seen this before on other forums and it's really helpful.
(02-29-2020, 12:38 PM)Michael Wrote: That's a nice suggestion.
95% of the MyBB forums have this.
This is selectable on an individual basis. Some people hate this, others prefer it.

I may change the default to subscribe, but still want people to be able to turn it off. I will look into.

In the meantime, to enable this for yourself, go to your User CP: https://aeowulf.com/usercp.php?action=options

Messaging and Notification -> Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Select your preferred method from the dropdown (none, email, or PM)
(02-29-2020, 01:43 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: This is selectable on an individual basis. Some people hate this, others prefer it.

I may change the default to subscribe, but still want people to be able to turn it off. I will look into.

In the meantime, to enable this for yourself, go to your User CP: https://aeowulf.com/usercp.php?action=options

Messaging and Notification -> Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Select your preferred method from the dropdown (none, email, or PM)
Thank you for the info. Its good to have PM from the notification for now.
(02-29-2020, 01:20 PM)Pleasure Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 12:38 PM)Michael Wrote: That's a nice suggestion.
95% of the MyBB forums have this.

Yeah notifications for PM's and posts but not tagging and etc.
The default setting now is subscription to all threads you create. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it. Still looking into an option for simple alerts rather than a PM, and for all replies, quotes, etc.
+1 for notifications, I subscribe to all my threads but it would be better to get notification when somebody rate or like your thread
I think MyAlerts by @Euan T its a good plugin
[Image: gf947PF.png]