Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Feedback
After reading [USER=1]@Xyphien[/USER]'s great post on how important themes are, I realized that I needed more constructive criticism.
How's my theme at Student Forums? How can I improve it, and do you have any additional suggestions?
Thanks lads
[Image: logo.png]
I honestly really like how you've kept it very simple, there's no random unnecessary clutter on the page. The only real thing I can comment on is that you should maybe utilize your menu-bar at the top for a larger range of things for the user to do, at the moment it only includes the forum itself and a page to view members, this could possibly be expanded to include blogs, resources and student guides like how to cook a simple meal, or how to get cheap booze.

Other than that, I'll have to sign up!
I've moved this to the correct location as this is more of a review.

I'm currently on a mobile device so I'll review it based on the mobile version.

Personally I'm not a fan of the header and footer background being blue whilst the rest of the theme is orange/white/green based. Changing the blue to green I feel would do you more justice. As of now you have too many colors for the theme and the blue and orange clash in my opinion. This was the first thing I noticed on the theme.

I see you're using ux.i which is the type of theme we're switching over too, I really love their styles and types of themes. The rest of your site as stated by gytix looks very simple, professional and simple which is something I see being a huge positive for a school related forum. Also, nice logo and type of site Wink I wonder where I've seen something like that from XD. It's nice having another forum dedicated to helping out other people.

As I said my only gripe is the blue header and footer background, if you change it to green or white I think it'd look a lot better ( the same color of green as used in the theme.)
[Image: Gptleader-468-2.gif]
Xyphien, post: 602, member: 11 Wrote:I've moved this to the correct location as this is more of a review.

I'm currently on a mobile device so I'll review it based on the mobile version.

Personally I'm not a fan of the header and footer background being blue whilst the rest of the theme is orange/white/green based. Changing the blue to green I feel would do you more justice. As of now you have too many colors for the theme and the blue and orange clash in my opinion. This was the first thing I noticed on the theme.

I see you're using ux.i which is the type of theme we're switching over too, I really love their styles and types of themes. The rest of your site as stated by gytix looks very simple, professional and simple which is something I see being a huge positive for a school related forum. Also, nice logo and type of site Wink I wonder where I've seen something like that from XD. It's nice having another forum dedicated to helping out other people.

As I said my only gripe is the blue header and footer background, if you change it to green or white I think it'd look a lot better ( the same color of green as used in the theme.)

A green background doesn't look so good while on the desktop version of the site. I've changed it to a light grey for now until I can find a compromise.
[Image: logo.png]
Fuser, post: 620, member: 38 Wrote:A green background doesn't look so good while on the desktop version of the site. I've changed it to a light grey for now until I can find a compromise.
Yeah, I realized this when I was looking at the desktop version. The light grey looks wonderful! It does wonders for it, and makes it look even more professional. I wish you luck with your forum, and hope to see it succeed.
[Image: Gptleader-468-2.gif]