Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do I exist?
Reality is only perception. How's that for a "mind" trip. Smile
My Youtube ~ Personal Vlog & Random Musings
zoldos, post: 30, member: 1 Wrote:Reality is only perception. How's that for a "mind" trip. Smile
It's called "mind tricks" too.
Indeed. I don't believe in solid reality. I think our own energy generates it.
Everyone does exist if we give them importance and attention.
247News, post: 838, member: 72 Wrote:Everyone does exist if we give them importance and attention.
I believe in consciousness created reality. But we don't currently understand how consciousness works in human beings. Our brains in and of themselves cannot account for consciousness. I do think quantum strangeness plays a big role in it though.
(12-12-2019, 08:35 PM)zoldos Wrote:
247News, post: 838, member: 72 Wrote:Everyone does exist if we give them importance and attention.
I believe in consciousness created reality.  But we don't currently understand how consciousness works in human beings. Our brains in and of themselves cannot account for consciousness.  I do think quantum strangeness plays a big role in it though.

Since when can our brains in and of themselves not account for our consciousness?

We exist regardless, but matter based upon the perceptions of ourselves, as well as the perceptions of others.
(12-08-2020, 08:32 PM)Asmodeus Wrote: Since when can our brains in and of themselves not account for our consciousness?

Physical scientific examination of the human brain revealed its basic structure of neurons and other matter isn't enough to create "consciousness"....
(12-14-2020, 02:40 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 08:32 PM)Asmodeus Wrote: Since when can our brains in and of themselves not account for our consciousness?

Physical scientific examination of the human brain revealed its basic structure of neurons and other matter isn't enough to create "consciousness"....

Well, yeah, the anatomical structure isn't enough to create conscious itself, but that doesn't touch on function. Paper link?
(12-18-2020, 01:02 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Well, yeah, the anatomical structure isn't enough to create conscious itself, but that doesn't touch on function. Paper link?

What do you mean? I don't read papers.