Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fast did your forum grow
Hello im the owner of [URL="http://www.theblack-board.com"]www.theblack-board.com[/URL] urban news and message board.

I launched my website officially on April 3rd, and right now I have 60 for members and a couple thousand post. I'm interested and what everyone's progress was throughout the first 6 months and Beyond at their particular forums. I felt like I hit a plateau this month and even a small drop in traffic and I'm just trying to put together a strategy moving forward to get membership to at least 100 here sometime soon
[URL="http://www.theblack-board.com"]www.theblack-board.com[/URL]
Urban News & Discussions
Hello Jack! Welcome to Webmaster.College! I'm glad to see you here, and look forward to seeing you around.

As for my site, within the first month I got 10k posts on my site and hit 100k views in that month.
[Image: Gptleader-468-2.gif]
Xyphien, post: 770, member: 11 Wrote:Hello Jack! Welcome to Webmaster.College! I'm glad to see you here, and look forward to seeing you around.

As for my site, within the first month I got 10k posts on my site and hit 100k views in that month.
Wow. Did you do that starting from zero or did you already have and established community?
Urban News & Discussions
Jack, post: 771, member: 51 Wrote:Wow. Did you do that starting from zero or did you already have and established community?
Started from scratch Big Grin I made a forum in a very specific niche. Instead of making something generic like Gaming, I instead turned to something really specific (A specific program actually) and next thing you know BOOM! It exploded. Big Grin I made a few posts in the Textbook section of the site about it, if you're interested in reading some of the articles Smile
Absolutely I would love to learn more I am in the beginning stages of my site now and I'm looking up to ramp up the membership and exposure it's getting
Urban News & Discussions
Jack, post: 774, member: 51 Wrote:Absolutely I would love to learn more I am in the beginning stages of my site now and I'm looking up to ramp up the membership and exposure it's getting
Good luck to your site then Smile If you ever need anything, have any questions, concerns, don't hesitate to ask it here! Big Grin
Just a quick update. Using only a few of the techniques I learned from this website I have already grown to 75 members in what I believe is a little under a week. I can't say how pleasantly surprised I am that these results are already showing
Urban News & Discussions
Jack, post: 789, member: 51 Wrote:Just a quick update. Using only a few of the techniques I learned from this website I have already grown to 75 members in what I believe is a little under a week. I can't say how pleasantly surprised I am that these results are already showing
Wow! I'm so glad to hear Jack! it means a lot to know that this site is helping you out!
The first thing I did when I wanted to build a business was buying a Call of Duty Forum. It was not a popular Call of Duty Forum at the time, but I saw it growing at the time. Before that, though I bought a few MW2 websites MW2Forum/MW2Boards as a plan B. At the time, Modern Warfare 2 was ready to be released. In the time I bought it, it was already on vBulletin [a custom vB3 site, no less!], and I had to move it to my server while the site continues to blow up. However, it was ridden with errors and bugs, so the server admin I had with me suggested I move to vB4. By the time I had it on my server, the site had at least 2,000 members. vB4 was released at this point. I upgraded and it broke my site. I lost traffic, I lost members, and participation. It killed my site.

I've already been beta testing xenForo via a Marvel Vs Capcom 3 site I had already acquired and launched at the time. So, naturally, I bought a new license for CODForums with a vBulletin refund.

That wasn't my only success though. Everyone on xenForo knows that each time I launch a site, it used to always become successful. Everyone thought I was crazy when I launched Black Ops 3 Forum - BUT who's laughing now?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Now, I'm not saying every single website I ever launched was a success, I've had my failures, but most of the time, I had this midas touch... I launched Black Ops 4 Forums after the success of BO3F - but became a failure thanks to BO4 itself.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
However, behind the scenes, the site had so much traffic, that it makes me wonder - WTF? Why aren't you guys participating!?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Meh. I decided to merge both sites into CODForums, and the traffic blew up once COD: WWII was released. It was the best year since I bought CODForums.

And then, once XF2 was gold, and finished... I upgraded. Since then, I've been getting nothing but repeat users...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]