Aeowulf
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting go of staff
I personally have never found it all too difficult to make these decisions. I normally look at minor performance review type things where every quarter I do a holistic team appraisal and leave a comment of feedback for everything. I share a graded version of this with Team Leader's/Managers and Admins and the staff themselves just get the feedback - positive and negative.

We'll use the grades minorly but they do play a factor in analysing if someone isn't up to the role (activity or capability wise) or if we are looking to promote someone to TL/Admin etc. Activity and capability would be the two factors that I'd say come into it most though
When promoting a member of your community and giving them a staff role first ask yourself "what do they offer?" and is it valuable to your community.

Reasons to keep a staff member:

-They're active at times you cannot be (time difference)
-They have a skill you need, maybe they have knowledge of programming or web development.
-They have a real love for the community and are always working to better it.

Reasons to remove a staff member:

-Activity drop. I personally will demote someone after 7 days offline or if they're losing interest in their role.
-Abusing their powers or doing something without consulting higher ranking staff.
-Downloading templates or copying code, be very careful who you let access your admin panel.
-If they don't have a great understanding of community rules and guidelines. I used to run my staff through weekly tests and scenarios.
I don't use staff so this never comes up. lol
My Youtube ~ Personal Vlog & Random Musings
(02-11-2021, 01:00 PM)Merciless Wrote: When promoting a member of your community and giving them a staff role first ask yourself "what do they offer?" and is it valuable to your community.

Good stuff Merciless. Good points, and accurate! 

(02-11-2021, 07:14 PM)zoldos Wrote: I don't use staff so this never comes up. lol

But you used to!  Rolleyes
(02-12-2021, 08:23 AM)Aeowulf Wrote: But you used to!  Rolleyes

Yes, briefly.  It was a bust.  Got tired of BS. lol  The last serious Co-Admin I had was from like 2000 and he admitted he was going to "delete me" then when I removed him, he cyber stalked me for 6 months.  Stupid POS.
(02-12-2021, 08:45 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 08:23 AM)Aeowulf Wrote: But you used to!  Rolleyes

Yes, briefly.  It was a bust.  Got tired of BS. lol  The last serious Co-Admin I had was from like 2000 and he admitted he was going to "delete me" then when I removed him, he cyber stalked me for 6 months.  Stupid POS.

You have the worst luck.  Tongue That's terrible.
It's all good. He was a loser anyway. As for Syndicate, I just didn't have the time or patience. I currently run 5 popular adult sites, and I'm the only staff. lol