Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 - The 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak
US death toll reaches 38, more than 1,300 cases
The U.S. death toll was at 38 early Thursday, with more than 1,310 confirmed cases, and all but six states were infected after Arkansas, Mississippi and Wyoming were among the states to report their first encounters.
The only states without reported cases, according to USA TODAY data gathering: Alabama, Alaska, Idaho, Maine and West Virginia.

Here's the latest on the outbreak of COVID-19: 
Pretty much all school and sporting events are cancelled. Trump declares a national emergency. Countries are banning migration. This thing is insane...
Yes, I agree that it insane because I live there is only one comfirmed case and everyone is going to into panic mode. They have cancelled schools until April 6th, Special Olympics is cancelled on March 31st and the place where I work 4 days a week is closed tomorrow with further later tomorrow is going to longer.
(03-15-2020, 11:06 PM)ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ Wrote: Yes, I agree that it insane because I live there is only one comfirmed case and everyone is going to into panic mode. They have cancelled schools until April 6th, Special Olympics is cancelled on March 31st and the place where I work 4 days a week is closed tomorrow with further later tomorrow is going to longer.

It's pretty much the same here. Everything non-essential has been cancelled. I'm teleworking today but they want me to come in tomorrow for... no idea why.
It was made official that the place where I work has closed it's day program for clients until further notice but the good news since this is not the fault of clients we will still be getting pays.
(03-16-2020, 11:35 AM)ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ Wrote: It was made official that the place where I work has closed it's day program for clients until further notice but the good news since this is not the fault of clients we will still be getting pays.

The paid part is good to hear at least.
Yes, it is but the bank where I usually go to cash might be open because there are closing both malls and my bank is one of those malls which means I will have go out the other one to cash my checks.
[Image: OF79a5O.png]
V banner by me
First confirmed Coronavirus case at my work yesterday. Didn't find out until today, after I was already in. It took that for them to decide it was a good idea to telework. So, thankfully teleworking exclusively next week.
(03-20-2020, 09:24 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: First confirmed Coronavirus case at my work yesterday. Didn't find out until today, after I was already in. It took that for them to decide it was a good idea to telework. So, thankfully teleworking exclusively next week.

That's scary. They're testing someone at my work, but it's not widespread in my city yet, so we will see how it goes. 

Out of how many people did this case occur? And I'm glad they have everyone telecommuting now.
(03-21-2020, 03:16 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That's scary. They're testing someone at my work, but it's not widespread in my city yet, so we will see how it goes. 

Out of how many people did this case occur? And I'm glad they have everyone telecommuting now.

There are thousands of people that work in the building, but apparently the positive case was a "mover" and was in the gym, little shopette, the food court. So, there's no telling who else he passed it to.