Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fires in Australia
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50938504

There have been some pretty fkin serious fires in Australia lately. If any of you are in that area, stay safe.
Fires in already dry areas are terrifying. Very dangerous, and not much you can do about it.

Hope everyone stays safe!
(12-29-2019, 04:09 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: Fires in already dry areas are terrifying. Very dangerous, and not much you can do about it.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Not going to lie, I did LOL when I read that there's a petition in Sidney to cancel the new year fireworks and direct the budget for it to assisting the fire departments in keeping the situation under control instead. As if lighting fireworks is still an option when large parts of the country are literally on fire and chances of it spreading are very real.
(12-29-2019, 08:32 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Not going to lie, I did LOL when I read that there's a petition in Sidney to cancel the new year fireworks and direct the budget for it to assisting the fire departments in keeping the situation under control instead. As if lighting fireworks is still an option when large parts of the country are literally on fire and chances of it spreading are very real.

Wow! Whoever thinks its a bright idea to still shoot fireworks should be fired. That's... the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
(12-29-2019, 09:43 PM)Aeowulf Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 08:32 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Not going to lie, I did LOL when I read that there's a petition in Sidney to cancel the new year fireworks and direct the budget for it to assisting the fire departments in keeping the situation under control instead. As if lighting fireworks is still an option when large parts of the country are literally on fire and chances of it spreading are very real.

Wow! Whoever thinks its a bright idea to still shoot fireworks should be fired. That's... the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

https://news.sky.com/story/australia-bus...l-11897040
"Won't rule out" cancelling?

How about: "Yep, it's definitely cancelled."
(12-29-2019, 10:39 PM)Aeowulf Wrote: "Won't rule out" cancelling?

How about: "Yep, it's definitely cancelled."

Read into the article. Their prime minister refuses to cancel it out of principle, Sidney's mayor basically just says "but we already paid for it", etc.
(12-29-2019, 10:42 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Read into the article. Their prime minister refuses to cancel it out of principle, Sidney's mayor basically just says "but we already paid for it", etc.

Sounds like weak leadership to me.

That's pathetic.
(12-29-2019, 10:45 PM)Aeowulf Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 10:42 PM)0l1v14 Wrote: Read into the article. Their prime minister refuses to cancel it out of principle, Sidney's mayor basically just says "but we already paid for it", etc.

Sounds like weak leadership to me.

That's pathetic.

The amount of fucks given by their leadership is probably somewhere in the negatives
Some relief at last...it’s been raining!